Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today has been extremely eventful and exciting. I had my interview in Hoke county for a 7th grade math position. At the start of the interview they told me that the position I was interested in had been filled and that I would be interviewing for a 6th grade Language Arts position. I was initially dissappointed, but tried not to convey my negative attitude towards the principal. After about ten minutes of discussion, the principal stepped out. After a few minutes she returned and offered me the LA position. I was hesitant to except, not only because of the job, but because I wasn't sure about James' future in Fayetteville. I asked her if I could think about it for a couple of days, and she reluctantly agreed. James and I made it two miles down the road (he came along for moral support and to look at apartments) and I recieved a phone call from the school. She asked if she offered me a 7th grade math position if I would accept it today. Feeling shocked and overwhelmed, I asked her if I could call her back by the end of business. James and I then went to lunch and discussed our possible options. We decided that it was time we took a leap of faith, so I stepped out and accepted the position. We both feel that we have nothing to lose, and only positive things to gain. So, it looks like the McMillans are moving to Fayetteville. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment