Sunday, September 30, 2012

Wow, I am a terrible blogger. I need to find  time in my daily schedule to post more frequently, especially since we live so far away from our parents and aren't the best with the telephone. James and I are fairly settled into our apartment in Houston. We have grown to love the space, and are slowly winning the battle against flies and the smoke smell (Whoever lived here before us must have been a serious smoker).

Teaching for KIPP: has been great for my career because it has opened my eyes to a different philosophy. I am still very pro-public education, but I'm not sure I would make it in a Houston public school. The area is pretty rough, and I think I would struggle. I am now used to having my students for ten hours a day and I'm more familiar with the KIPPisms. I'm not sure I'll be here for the length of my career, but that's ok. Things for now are great; even though I frequently dream about the distributive property and combining like terms.

Our plans for the holidays are slowing coming together. We have our plane tickets for Colorado (YAY!!) and we're working on logistics for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to visit Erie and Denver in the pretty-near future. I am a little afraid that my blood has thinned. I thought it was cold today, and it was only 68 degrees. How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment